While home audio intercom systems are commonplace in apartment buildings and private residences, if you want an extra level of security, why not consider a home video intercom system? Video intercoms have a lot more to offer than audio only intercoms and thanks to recent developments in technology, video systems are far more affordable and effective than ever before.
Here are a few of the benefits of using a video intercom system for your home or business:
- See who is at the door before you decide whether to let them in. This is especially useful for tradespeople or unexpected visitors and gives you an added level of security than just relying on the sound of their voice and what they say.
- Keep a record of the people who come and go from your property or business. If you are away, many of the video intercoms on the market today can store footage so you can check back over and see who has been visiting your property in your absence.
- Feel safer and more secure. Video based door systems allow you or your employees to feel safer that they can see who is at the door before they let them in. Anyone who is alone at home or work at night will get greater peace of mind knowing that they can check out any visitors and decide whether to let them in without compromising their own security.
- Deter potential thieves from targeting your property. Knowing that they will be photographed or recorded if they enter your property is a very effective deterrent for potential criminals. Even just having a video system installed may be enough to make a potential thief move on and target a different property.
Video intercom systems have so many benefits beyond just seeing who is at the door, and they can have a positive impact on your business or home’s security in a number of different ways.
Door Intercom Types and Features
There are many benefits to a home intercom system and there are a number of different system types to suit different needs and preferences. These include video intercom systems, wireless intercom systems and more. Here are a few of the most commonly found door intercom types:
- Wired intercom systems: The more traditional wired systems are actually wired into your home which means that unless you’re starting from the ground up, you’ll need to drill holes and run cables from your front door to your living room or wherever you want the phone to be located. Wired systems are dependent on your mains power so they may not necessarily work during a power outage.
- Wireless intercom systems: With remote technology moving at the rate it has, wireless systems are becoming increasingly common. The main benefit of wireless systems is that they don’t require you to run any cables or wires through your home or building – everything is done remotely. You can also move wireless systems more easily, making them the ideal choice for renters or anyone who regularly moves house.
Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, many home intercom systems these days come with a whole range of great features including storage facilities to keep records of everyone who has been to your door, hands free options and electric door opening features so you can open your door from anywhere in the home to let visitors in if you’re busy doing something else.
Home Intercom Installation Specialists
Here at Excell Security & Surveillance we are specialists in all types of home intercom systems. We can help you determine your home security needs, choose a system and take care of the installation for you. We’ll also help with any ongoing queries or concerns about your system once it’s up and running.
Give us a call today and have a chat to us to about your requirements. We are specialists in intercom installation and can help you find the best door intercom or video intercom system for your home or commercial building.