With a range of technology solutions available to protect what matters to you, Excell Security is pleased to offer reliable, reputable and high quality products to enhance security at your premises.
If you want an extra level of security, why not consider a video intercom system? Video intercoms have a lot more to offer than audio only intercoms and thanks to recent developments in technology, video systems are far more affordable and effective than ever before.
Here are a few of the benefits of using a video intercom system for your home or business:
- See who is at the door before you decide whether to let them in. This is especially useful for tradespeople or unexpected visitors and gives you an added level of security than just relying on the sound of their voice and what they say.
- Keep a record of the people who come and go from your property or business. If you are away, many of the video intercoms on the market today can store footage so you can check back over and see who has been visiting your property in your absence.
- Feel safer and more secure. Video based door systems allow you or your employees to feel safer that they can see who is at the door before they let them in. Anyone who is alone at home or work at night will get greater peace of mind knowing that they can check out any visitors and decide whether to let them in without compromising their own security.
- Deter potential thieves from targeting your property. Knowing that they will be photographed or recorded if they enter your property is a very effective deterrent for potential criminals. Even just having a video system installed may be enough to make a potential thief move on and target a different property.
Video intercom systems have so many benefits beyond just seeing who is at the door, and they can have a positive impact on your business or home’s security in a number of different ways.
Door Intercom Types and Features
There are many benefits to a door intercom system and there are a number of different system types to suit different needs and preferences. These include video intercom systems, wireless intercom systems and more. Here are a few of the most commonly found door intercom types:
- Wired intercom systems: The more traditional wired systems are actually wired into your home which means that unless you’re starting from the ground up, you’ll need to drill holes and run cables from your front door to your living room or wherever you want the phone to be located. Wired systems are dependent on your mains power so they may not necessarily work during a power outage.
- Wireless intercom systems: With remote technology moving at the rate it has, wireless systems are becoming increasingly common. The main benefit of wireless systems is that they don’t require you to run any cables or wires through your home or building – everything is done remotely. You can also move wireless systems more easily, making them the ideal choice for renters or anyone who regularly moves house.
Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, many intercom systems these days come with a whole range of great features including storage facilities to keep records of everyone who has been to your door, hands free options and electric door opening features so you can open your door from anywhere in the home or business to let visitors in if you’re busy doing something else.
Intercom Installation Specialists
Here at Excell Security we are specialists in all types of home and business intercom systems. We can help you determine your security needs, choose a system and take care of the installation for you. And it doesn’t stop there…we’ll also help with any ongoing queries or concerns about your system once it’s up and running.
Give us a call today and have a chat to us to about your requirements. We are specialists in intercom installation and can help you find the best door intercom or video intercom system for your home or commercial building.
Service and Maintenance
If your security system is going to work to its full potential, you need to make sure it’s functional and serviced regularly. If you neglect basic maintenance of your system or you fail to deal with technical issues, it may let you down just when you need it the most.
By keeping your alarm system maintained and serviced regularly, you can enjoy greater peace of mind and the knowledge that your security system is working perfectly and protecting your home or business at all times.
When you get your alarm serviced by one of our experienced technicians we will undertake a range of different checks and maintenance tasks, including:
- Check the lines of communication so you can be sure your system is communicating with the monitoring station and all messages are getting through.
- Check the battery including back up battery so you can feel confident that your system will keep working if there’s a blackout.
- Make sure sirens and sensors are all working as they should be.
Here at Excell Security we recommend getting your system serviced annually to make sure it remains in good working condition. With regular servicing and maintenance, you will know your system is up and running and ready to protect your home or business from theft or vandalism.
A few things you can do to keep your system working optimally…
In between your annual services, it’s a good idea to take steps to keep your security system working at its best. Here are a few things you can do on a regular basis to check your system is in good working order and identify any potential issues:
- Check your lighting is working. If you have motion-activated lights, perform regular checks to make sure no bulbs have blown or lights damaged. If thieves are planning to target your home, broken lights may give them just the opportunity they’ve been looking for.
- Inspect cameras. You’ll also want to check your CCTV cameras regularly to ensure they are working and they haven’t been tampered with. Check they are not being obscured by growing plants or any other debris so you can be sure you’re getting the full range of visibility when using them.
- Visually check your control panel. Without your control panel, your entire system is no good so you’ll want to check regularly for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Look out for loose wires or any visible signs that the unit might not be working as well as it could be. Some systems will let you run a test to self diagnose any issues (inform your monitoring service first before you do this!). If anything is found you can then arrange for a technician to come and take a look sooner rather than later.
- Make sure your software is up to date. Many smart home security systems rely on their operating system to work effectively. You’ll need to perform regular software updates to ensure your system is safe and secure from hackers as well as to fix any bugs that occur from time to time. For some systems this needs to be done by you, but others can be updated remotely by your alarm system monitoring service. Chat to your technician to find out what you need to do for your specific system.
Excell Security technicians have expert knowledge in a wide range of electronic security systems. We can help you with both regular ongoing maintenance and servicing and troubleshooting problems. We can provide parts, maintenance and repairs to your existing security service whether it be for alarm repairs, CCTV or access control.
Alarm Repairs and Service
If you’ve identified a problem with your security system, or your alarm system is in need of regular service and maintenance, give us a call today!
Excell Security can provide a full maintenance and alarm service in Melbourne. Being proactive will ensure your electronic security system is always kept in an optimal condition, giving protection when you need it most.
Excell Security specialise in alarm system installation for Melbourne homes, offices, warehouses or commercial buildings. The systems we provide are highly efficient and capable of monitoring and alarming different situations & threats. It doesn’t matter whether your security needs are small or extensive, we have an alarm system that will suit you.
We are not aligned with one manufacturer and install all the leading brands including Bosch, Tecom and Protégé, Hills Reliance, DSC Neo and Impassa. This means that we will recommend you the system that best suits your security needs, not the one that we are associated with.
It doesn’t matter if you prefer a system you can monitor yourself or want us to monitor it through our A1 graded control room. You can buy with confidence and know that we will supply the best alarm system for your business, along with expert service and advice. We can take care of everything, from advising you on the best system to installation and ongoing monitoring if you need it.
Find The Best Alarm Systems for Home and Office
Our products are suitable in both residential and commercial security systems. Over the last few years alarm technology has improved dramatically, which means security alarms are accessible to more people than ever before.
Did you know…even if you’re a pet owner you can still install an alarm system at your home?! The PIR detectors we install can differentiate between a human and a pet up to 38kg.
Are you in a rental property? Or perhaps an existing double storey?
If you’re concerned about covering all your perimeter windows and doors, don’t worry. Thanks to the wireless residential and business security systems available now, extensive coverage is not a problem. You won’t even have to upset your landlord by drilling holes in walls to run cables – wireless systems are completely cable free and portable so you can easily move them from one property to another.
The benefits of a wireless alarm system include:
- Excellent range: most wireless systems use cameras that are high resolution and able to monitor a wide area clearly and accurately.
- Excellent battery life: your cameras will last a long time without having to rely on mains power – this means you will still be protected even when there is a power blackout.
- Easily transportable from property to property: if you have to move, no problem. Just pick up your wireless alarm system and take it with you.
- Fast installation means cheaper installation: because there’s less work required in installing a wireless alarm system you won’t have to pay as much for installation.
- No wiring – allows you to have full coverage: move your cameras from room to room as and when you need it.
There are so many different alarm solutions on the market, whatever your home and security needs there will almost certainly be something to suit you.
Commercial security systems
Most businesses these days are more security conscious than ever before and fortunately there are some very affordable and effective business security systems on the market. The right security system can benefit your business in a number of ways, including:
- Reduction in theft and property damage thanks to the deterrent effect of having an alarm system installed,
- Increase in employee safety and an enhanced sense of wellbeing for employees especially those who are working at night,
- Greater peace of mind for you as you know your business is safe and secure even when you’re not there.
Most business security systems work by detecting when an unauthorised person enters your building and sounding an alarm to a central monitoring station, or to your phone or computer if you choose to self-monitor your alarm system. Once the signal is received by the monitoring station they will send someone to investigate or call the authorities depending on the circumstances and your nominated preferences.
The majority of modern security systems these days incorporate cloud-based technology to provide a wireless solution that can be monitored directly from your smartphone or computer. This means that wherever you are you can check on your business and make sure everything is ok, receive instant notifications if an alarm is activated and if you have CCTV installed, stream footage from your cameras directly to your mobile.
As specialists in the installation of commercial and residential alarm systems in Melbourne make us your first point of contact for your security system. We can help you with every step of the process, from determining your security system needs through to choosing an alarm system, installing it and ongoing monitoring. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you create a safer, more secure home or workplace and protect what matters to you.